Framed Shapes is an extension for GameMaker: Studio by YoYo Games that allows to easily create regular polygons and rectangles with a frame instead of just a thin border. Shape and frame can be changed in dimension, corner radius, rotation, rotation origin, color and alpha whereas color and alpha can be set differently for frame and shape.
- Get Framed Shapes at YoYo Games Marketplace.
- Open a GameMaker: Studio Projekt.
- Open the library inside the Marketplace Menu.
- Add Framed Shapes to the Projekt and import all necessary assets (all except "demo", "template" & "illustrations").
- Framed Shapes adds multiple script folders to your project:
- 01 MANUAL: a detailed manual
- 02 create: all scripts for shape creation
- 03 draw: all scripts for shape drawing
- 04 delete: all scripts to remove shapes from memory
- 05 internals: scripts called by other scripts
- Framed Shapes also adds additional assets:
- All assets used in the demo video (marked as "fs_demo - not needed")
- fs_template object (a simple template to test Framed Shapes)
- fs_illustrations (under "Included Files") with sketches about the maths behind Framed Shapes.
- First steps with the template object:
- import the template object.
- It includes 3 events.
- Create event: Framed Shapes always needs to be initialized once: fs_init();
- Create event: Each shape needs to be created once: fs_create_...();
- Draw GUI event: Each shape needs to be drawn from a draw event: fs_draw_shape..();
- Room End event: Once they're not needed anymore each shape needs to be removed from memory: fs_delete_shape(); & fs_delete_all(); or a memory leak will occur.
- Create a room, add the template object, run.
- Detailed instructions about syntax and including examples can be found within the script folder "01 MANUAL" as well as within each script.